Citizen Advocates don’t need any specific qualifications or experience, you just need to be caring, compassionate and keen to spend your time helping others. Qualities that most of our Advocates have are:
- a commitment to equality for people in vulnerable situations.
- a commitment to involve their partner on an equal basis.
- a willingness to get involved in a number of roles, for example, speaking or writing letters on behalf of a partner and researching problems and solutions.
- compassion and a sense of justice.
- the ability to be diplomatic and understanding of others.